DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw Review
Although woodwork tends to be quite hard, it can be pleasant especially if you manage to get the appropriate table to allow you make correct and precision cuttings. However, not many table saws contain right options and functions to make them the best in the market. But DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw with 20-Inch Maximum Rip capacity stands out from the competition.
This DEWALT versatile 10-inch Job Site Table Saw has Site-Pro Modular Guarding System which is meant for setups that are application-specific and which result in cuts that are not only quick but also accurate. It combines its portable design with a robust 15-amp motor as well as big rip capacity of 20 inches. The saw comes complete with a miter gauge, blade guards, a reliable 24-tooth, 10-inch carbide blade that will get your projects started immediately. The package also includes a push stick. In this post, we give you an honest DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw with 20-Inch Max Rip Capacity Review. We hope that after reading this article, you will be in a better position to make the right decision. Read on to find out.
1. Consistent and Powerful performance
Due to its high-torque motor of 15 amps, the DEWALT table saw is able to deliver the power that you need for tasks such as cutting pressure treated lumber and hardwood. The 10-inch blade of the saw is capable of spinning at 3,850 rpm no-load speed. This offers quick and clean cuts irrespective of the application.
2. The Site-Pro Modular Guarding System
Thanks to the Site-Pro Modular Guarding System, it is very easy to set up the saw for various uses since it allows tool-free modification of guarding components that are application-specific.
Given the exclusive fence configuration of the saw, a big 20-inch rip capacity is enabled. Face adjustments are not only fast and smooth but also accurate, and this is because of the saw’s rack and pinion rails. The telescoping design of the fence makes it possible for the rails to be able to move out up to 20 inches which in turn allow it rip complete sheets of materials. The design also allows the saw to be retracted for portable design which then becomes easy to transport.
This saw, apart from providing big rip capacity, also has an utmost cut-depth of 3 and an eighth inches at right angled degrees (90 degrees) as well as 2 and a quarter inches at 45. In order to ensure an overall improved cut quality and also reduce friction, the table surface has been coated. A metal roll base offers improved durability and also allows sturdy setup. This is in contrast to what plastic bases offer.
3. Portable design allows it to be used just about anywhere
This table saw is very light and weighs only 45 pounds. This means that it is very easily moved from the workshop to the site of work.
For additional convenience, its on-board storage allows easy access to Site-Pro Guarding machining and also the push stick when not in use.
4. A handy two-and-half inch port for collecting dust enables to link the versatile saw to an external Shop-Vac which in turn leads to dust extraction that is efficient and a work area that is much cleaner.
5. The jobsite saw that features Site-Pro Modular Guarding System has warranty package which includes a 3-year limited warranty, 90-days money back and a year of free service.
6. It is very good for ripping stock designed for trim work among other things. You can even have it up on your scaffold. It makes adjusting fence not only easy but also fun. Its motor contains a lot of power.
7. Cleaning is a breeze
Those who have been into carpentry know that cleaning is a job unto itself and you could use a lot of time just cleaning your work area to remove saw dust. But the good thing with this saw is that it comes with a dust collection port that gathers the dust for you. It keeps in a single area so that cleaning will be very easy.
What is contained in the box?
In the box you will find 10-inch, 24-tooth carbide blades, blade guard, push stick, and of course, DW745 10-Inch Job Site Table Saw.
- It has 15-amp motor that will enable you to rip through hardwoods not only quickly but also with a lot of ease.
- The rack and pinion fence rail allows the user to do fence adjustment quickly, accurately and also smoothly.
- Courtesy of its telescoping fence rails, it can be easily retracted so that it creates a small and portable package
- The 20-inch rip makes it easy to cut and trim various materials
- Due to its metal roll cage base, it provides greater durability as opposed to plastic base. Blades are also adjustable from 0 to 45 degrees to enable bevel applications.
1. There is one popular complaint about this saw and it all has to do with the fact that it is not able to sustain dad cutters. Therefore, if you are the kind that is too accustomed to using those blade types, then this is not the thing for you since it could pose some problems.
Without a doubt, this is the best saw that you will find in the market today. It has all those attributes that you will ever need in a saw. Not only is it light and portable, but can rip through any manner of hardwood material. It is both powerful and convenient. It has strong value for money.
Buy it to see yourself what I mean. You will not be disappointed by buying the saw since it is packed with many features that make the product deliver beyond your expectations.